Saturday, December 14, 2019

The Mists of Morning

Kicked off another cloudy morning with work. It wasn't raining when I headed out, but by the time I arrived, it started misting, and would continue to shower lightly off and on all morning. I did shelve some loose items early in the day, and I supervised a younger bagger who cleaned up a messy cheese dip spill, but I was mainly outside doing carts. It was a little busier today, though still not overwhelming, and the carts kept vanishing.

Headed out for lunch at noon, right after I finished. The relatively warm weather, probably in the mid-50's, prompted me to consider lunch at Sonic. It may have been warm enough to eat there, but it wasn't dry enough. The rain was gone by then, but their patio was still too wet for a picnic. I ended up at a busy Chick Fil' A, enjoying a grilled chicken sandwich, frosted lemonade drink, and hot and tasty waffle fries. I loved their decorations! Every picture and counter in the place was festooned with red and silver tinsel garland; a tree dripped with red and white cow ribbon. It was festive and fun.

I had a lot of grocery shopping to do when I returned to the Acme. There's so many things I need for cookie baking next week - sugar, butter, eggs, parchment paper, cake mix and peanut butter for the peanut butter cookies, coconut and cherries for the Coconut Cherry Bars, shortening for the Molasses Roll-Outs, chocolate chips for the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Used the last of the packing tape on Lauren's box; bought another roll of that, and since the sale was buy 2, get one, I also grabbed two smaller rolls of tape. Restocked diced tomatoes, cranberries, pears, soap, buttermilk, yogurt, cereal, and skim milk.

Ran two episodes of Match Game when I got home and put everything away. Elaine Joyce is more than a little tired of perpetually nervous Bill Daily's outbursts in an episode from 1979 and convinces Gene to sit in her place...which just gives her free reign to show off her beauty to the audience. In a show from a year later, British comedienne Dolly Martin points out that feisty sitcom favorite Debralee Scott had spent most of the episode flirting with a handsome young contestant. Things come to a head when she wins him an Audience Match...and the two get so into their victory kiss, the others have to pry them apart!

Went right back out after I finished. With the weather improving and the rain long gone, I wanted to get my laundry done. Maybe I should have waited. The laundromat was mobbed when I arrived. An angry woman loading her clothes into another washer claimed the ones in the back didn't work. I tried one, and it worked just fine. No idea what happened there. Maybe she and her husband couldn't figure out how to work them, or they just had larger loads than I did. Mine was so small, I was in and out in less than an hour.

Did a little writing when I got in, mostly some re-writing. Della's a little frustrated. She wants to convince Queen Isobel to amass an army to stop Malade and the Sheriff Skutch, but can't prove she's one of the Legendary Princesses despite her great strength. There has to be some crazy way to show she's the real deal...

Broke for dinner at quarter after 7. Had scrambled eggs with broccoli and mushrooms while watching two holiday and party-themed My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episodes. Twilight and her friends take all the major roles of a "Hearth's Warming Eve" pageant, showing how their major winter holiday began. Pinkie is "Party Pooped" when she tries to figure out how she can please the persnickety yaks from Yakganastan, who want everything done the Yak way. Her trip across Equestria to bring back something of their home shows her how wonderful Equestria is...and gives her a way to convince the Yaks of that, too.

Finished the night with Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas In July. I go further into this bizarre feature-length holiday crossover from Rankin-Bass at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas In July

No comments: