Thursday, December 26, 2019

Winter Picnic

Began the morning as I got ready for work with What's My Line? on Buzzr. They run the color early-mid 70's version of the classic show that has four panelists trying to guess a contestant's unusual occupation. The first contestant made indoor swings, and Arlene Francis finally guessed it. The second, to my surprise, was the Mayor of Cape May! He must have come in just as they got their National Historic Landmark status. He talked about how Cape May is the only whole town to be a National Historic Landmark and that he ran on a platform of preservation and keeping the Victorian houses intact. (He stumped the panelists, too. They never even guessed "politics.")

Work was dead the entire morning. Never got even a little busy. It's the day after the biggest holiday of the year, it's the middle of the week, and the weather was gorgeous, sunny and cool but not too cold. I enjoyed doing carts this morning, and other than gathering recycling inside and out and sweeping briefly, I was mostly outside.

It was so nice, I opted for lunch at Sonic. I wasn't the only one, either. A family with young kids sat at a table on the other side as I ordered my slightly gristly grilled chicken sandwich with tater tots and a cherry limeade. Enjoyed my meal while listening to the kids babble and chatter.

Goodwill was next. I was hoping to find some good musical DVDs. No musicals this time around, but I did unearth the double-set for The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under I've been thinking of picking up along with Lego Batman 2 for the Wii. Grabbed a Marvel Comics calendar and a Zero white chocolate bar from Five Below.

Went home, changed, put everything away, had a snack, then went right back out. Took the long way across the Haddon Lake Park. I dodged a lot of people on the path today, including at least two walking dogs and a huge flock of ducks who enjoyed the cold waters.

The Haddon Township Library wasn't any busier than the Acme. I was able to shelve all of the kids' titles, though some adult ones just would not fit. Once again, didn't take anything out. I don't know what my schedule will be like next week, and I'd like to further explore Roku and see what else I have on there.

It was getting late by the time I got out. I rode straight home. Did some writing when I got in. Queen Isobel wants Della and Patti to prove that they're princesses by sleeping on 20 lumpy mattresses. Nipsey's not too sure about this, but Della just wants to earn Isobel's support.

Finished the night with mushroom and turkey pepperoni pizza while watching the Fred Astaire-Bing Crosby vehicle Blue Skies on the Roku TV Time Musicals app. I go further into the movie itself on my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.

Blue Skies

Mixed feelings on the app itself. It had a decent selection of musicals, but the same three commercials kept interrupting at the most annoying and inappropriate times. They had enough I hadn't seen before for me to keep the app around.

No comments: