Saturday, September 21, 2024

Around the Matches In 80 Minutes

Began my morning with breakfast and the other 2003 Strawberry Shortcake travel episode. Strawberry and Peppermint Fizz end up going "Around the Berry World" when Ginger Snap bets the Peculiar Purple Pieman and Sour Grapes their berry crop that Strawberry won't have any trouble getting around the world and home again in 80 days. The dastardly fruit duo do their best to stop the girls, but as Strawberry constantly reminds Peppermint, there's always a solution to the worst problem if you just take time to figure it out.

Hurried off to work after that. Work wasn't a problem for most of the day. We were quiet for a Saturday. It was humid, but also sunny and breezy. I suspect a lot of people either went to the Shore or decided to spend the last weekend of summer out with their families. 

I didn't have any major trouble until I was trying to get outside to the carts during my last half-hour. One woman said she needed an electric cart, and then three more claimed they saw a spill in the floral department. I saw nothing in the floral department but flowers. They then said it was in the bakery, then the deli, and then they whined for an electric cart, too. I brought them a cart and went outside to try to get some carts done. When I saw them outside, they claimed I never brought them an electric cart. I left it right in front of them! How did they not see it? I think the woman in charge of customer service was right and they were just being mean and ornery. And everyone wonders why I want out of retail so badly?

Needless to say, I rushed home as early and quickly as I could get away with after all that. Changed and went straight into Tweety's High-Flying Adventure on Tubi. I go further into another riff on Around the World In 80 Days, this one featuring Tweety and Sylvester, at my Musical Dreams Movie Reviews blog.


(And a reminder that, while the Musical Dreams reviews will be on hiatus during my vacation, I'll continue to update this blog.)

Worked a little on the inventory after I took my laundry downstairs. Put up Crazy for YouCurtains, and the Decca Desert Song/New Moon set. I think I actually got the Decca CD from Sun Rose Music and Books in Ocean City during one of my trips there when I lived in Wildwood. No clue about Curtains. (I recently looked them up and, thank heavens, Sun Rose still exists in the same location as Sun Rose Words and Music. Some of my earliest cast CDs came from there, along with the Lost In Boston and Unsung Musicals collections.) 

Listened to Santana while I worked. Abraxus was their first album to hit number one in the US, and their biggest hit until Supernatural debuted in the 90's. The sultry "Black Magic Woman" was the big single from this one.

Finished the night after dinner and doing the laundry with today's Match Game marathon. Character actor David Doyle started out on the show early in 1978 and continued to appear fairly frequently through the end of the syndicated run. Today, he's best-known as Bosley from Charlie's Angels and the original voice of Grandpa Pickles from Rugrats. He always seemed to have a great time on Match Game too, especially sitting on either side of his drinking buddy Brett Somers. 

David made some of his most memorable appearances in PM episodes. He saw Richard Dawson fawn over a very pretty and bubbly contestant who was all of nineteen. He greeted a charming little old man named Tiger who bore a striking resemblance to Wally Cox. He nervously helped a cheerful and suave gentleman who wrote cookbooks with his wife with "__ Mountains" in the Head-to-Head.

Celebrate with this comic character actor who is beloved by Angels and babies alike in this hilarious marathon! 

No comments: