Friday, June 08, 2007

Hot Hot HOT!

Oooh, was it hot today! The high was 95, and I think it's still in the 80s out there. I did put the windows down and turn on the air conditioner and my remaining fan.

Not much else to say today. I got up late, watched "Recess: School's Out," and did my "Yoga For Beginners" DVD. "Recess" is one of Disney's best 90s TV cartoons, about a group of mismatched best friends in a typical elementary school. The movie's suprisingly cute, for one of Disney's cheaper efforts. Unlike several other animation-to-big-screen efforts, it doesn't feel like a strung-together collection of episodes. Another nice "parental bonus" - use of late 60s-early 70s classic rock like "Purple Haze," "Green Tambourine," "Dancing In the Streets," and "Incense and Peppermints" (as part of the plot, no less) and references to films and fads of that era.

Work was long, quiet except during the usual rush hour, and dull. I stayed an extra half-hour because several people called out.

No comments: