Saturday, June 02, 2007

Strawberry Farm Market Forever

Despite the 90-degree temperatures, I spent the morning running errands. I went to the bank and the farm market and stopped at four yard sales. I picked up another stack of "historic" cookbooks from the 40s, 50s, and 60s (I bought two stacks from a yard sale and the thrift shop last year), seven James Bond videos, and three records (in the hope I may someday finally get the record player going).

I arrived at the farm market late, but still managed to pick up romaine lettuce, fresh Cheddar cheese made locally, a red onion, two cucumbers, and a huge container of the most delicious strawberries I've ever tasted in my entire life. They were a little mushed when I finally got home, but they were sooooo sweet and juicy and ripe! It was pure heaven. I had to make a strawberry shortcake tonight; with berries like that, it was mandatory.

Work was not as fun. It's the beginning of the month, and people who can only afford to shop in the beginning of the month were out in full force. I got so fed up with them! They won't bag until the register is so loaded with their stuff, there's no room for anything else and it becomes quite obvious all the baggers are busy. They end up putting back half their order because it turns out they don't have the money. (I don't mind one or two or even three items...but twenty or thirty is just annoying. And we do have to put all that away.) They hover by the monitor, looking for even the tiniest price discrepancy, then take years reading their recipt. (They'd know what was on sale if they actually read the signs.)

PLEASE. WE ARE NOT OUT TO CHEAT YOU. WE HAVE NO DESIRE TO CHEAT YOU. WE WANT TO HELP YOU. IF THERE IS A MISTAKE ON THE RECIPT, CUSTOMER SERVICE CAN HANDLE IT.

No comments: