Saturday, June 02, 2007

June Is Bustin' Out All Over

Just quickly dropping a line here, since I did a lot of running around today, and I'm rather bushed. I volunteered this morning, and it was not only mega-busy, but a mess in the back room. I picked up a couple of 80s and early 90s cassettes (Don Henley, Pat Benetar, the Pretty Woman soundtrack, and a Diana Ross Christmas album), one of the newest Cat Who... books, and two small red shelves for the stuffed Care Bears I've aquired over the past few months (though they may not stay there).

I ran over to the Acme after I got back and had lunch and picked up my paycheck, then ran over to Payless Shoes (to look for cheap sneakers for running errands - didn't see any I liked), Staples, and Wal-Mart. The last-named was a noisy mess, as usual, but I did get a new dry-erase board (I write my work schedule on it; mine was at least two years old and badly scratched), a couple of new pairs of socks (I like sensible crew socks - none of those stupid cuffless anklet things), a sugar-free pancake syrup I'd like to try, and the 2-Disc Toy Story 2 DVD set that was released last year.

Toy Story 2 is one of my favorite Disney movies, and probably my favorite Pixar film. I love the spirited Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl. As a toy collector, I can relate to the theme of what toys mean to us as we get older. (There's a reason I like keeping my toys out of the box, even the collector's items. It's just no fun letting them sit there, not doing anything.)

I took Keefe to see this New Year's Eve 1999, and I've never forgotten the fun we had that afternoon. I took him to see the original Toy Story in 1995, but by '99, he was old enough to have fun and not be scared by the sad and/or noisy moments. He didn't understand why I cried during the "When She Loved Me" sequence, though. I think he will when he's a bit older.

And I still say the outtakes were the funniest things I saw, in or out of the theater, in 1999.

No comments: