Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Pool Blanket Bingo

I took this week's swim in Uncle Ken's pool while doing the laundry. This time, the water wasn't bad, but the air around it was cold! I woke up freezing this morning, and it only got into the mid-70s today. It's supposed to be even more perfect tomorrow, into the upper-70s-lower-80s and still sunny, nice, and breezy.

That's a very good thing. Now that I finally have all the cleaning done (I did the porch furniture and the bedroom windows and swept the porch after I did the laundry), I can head over to the big Target in Deptford and run some errands after morning volunteering tomorrow. It'll probably be the last time I get to Deptford before I go on vacation in mid-July. If memory serves me correctly, my hours last summer were not wonderful.

Oh, and I saw a really cute "Backyardigans" episode today while waiting for the laundry to get out of the washer. Tasha the hippo wants to have a tea party, much to the dismay of Uniqua, Pablo, and Tyrone, who think it'll be boring. Not Tasha's idea of a tea party! She "takes" the trio to the jungles of Borneo to find the golden tea leaves, to China to cheer up the grumpy Emperor of the Ming Empire (Austin) and borrow his china tea set, and to the Gobi Desert to get hot water from the gushing guyser! Pablo, Uniqua, and Tyrone have a far more exciting experience than they expected.

Work was reletively quiet today. Worst that happened had nothing to do with customers. My coupon printer got jammed for a few minutes. It took two managers to fiddle with it before I finally opened and closed it again, and it cut the coupon the way it's supposed to. Go figure. (Shrugs)

No comments: