Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Back In Business

The phone man showed up late this morning. (Good thing, because I was up VERY late last night looking at 80s cartoons and promos on YouTube!) Yes, he did fix my phone problems. As far as I can tell, both phone and internet are now running just fine, so anyone who has wanted to call me in the last week or so now can.

I had fun looking at those videos and promos. Lots of great memories there, from the old 70s "CBS Special Presentation" graphic that heralded the beginning of their holiday programming until well into the 80s to some of the cute Claymation "After these messages" buffers ABC did for it's Saturday Morning line-up in the late 80s and early 90s. There were some wonderful music videos of 80s and 90s cartoons, too. I especially liked two well done montages of 80s action cartoons done to the 1984 Bonnie Tyler hit "Holding Out For a Hero." (The longer montage included "credits" that mentioned the name and release year of all the cartoons used, some fairly obscure, to the tune of Genesis' 1986 "Land of Confusion.")

Work was, thankfully after yesterday, very busy but not a problem. We had a few obnoxious customers and one cashier never showed up and a bagger who just completed his cashiering class went in for me. I suspect the unusual-for-a-Wednesday lines came from how close we're getting to Memorial Day; many people who are expecting crowds by Friday are probably beginning their weekend shopping.

No comments: