Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Clean Fun

I got a lot done today. It was a gorgeous day when I woke up this morning, cooler than it has been but not so cold it doesn't feel like May. I was up early enough for once to get a lot of chores in, some of which I've been meaning to do for as much as three months. I went for a walk to CVS after breakfast to buy some mouth wash and also picked up a WebKinz I haven't seen much of anywhere else. After I came home, I swept the porch and cleaned my two plastic porch chairs and the blue milk crate I use for a porch table, then removed the cover from the air conditioner and scrubbed that. I baked cookies and put up patriotic decorations and four small posters (the three That's Entertainment III pics Rita sent me and the African Queen photo I bought in Philly). The Entertainment stills went up in the living room, over the DVD shelves and the TV; Hepburn and Bogart guard the entrance to the Back Room in my bedroom.

Work wasn't even a problem this evening. It was steady, with no call-outs and no troublesome customers. (It'll be busier next week, which is the beginning of June. In addition to their usual money, many people who sent in their tax returns at the last minute have checks coming.)

Oh, and Lauren and I finished this month's Monkees role-play tonight, a goofy vacation-themed story. Look for it within the next few days! (And don't worry, it's the whole story this time - and next month's should be more on schedule.)

And meet Nesmith, the WebKinz Pinto and my second member of the "Webbies," my WebKinz Monkees. Nesmith, of course, is Mike Nesmith, the strong-willed, independent group leader and guitarist. Naturally, he's living with Davy in the Webbies' Pad. I used the money he came with to make my first front yard with some of the many outdoor items I've received with pets and from the Trading Cards lately. The Lurking Lagoon, Elephant Fountain, and Circle of Friends Topiaries are ringed with lovely bunches of irises. Iris gardens were on sale at the W Shop, and the deep purple colors ended up looking quite nice with the Lurking Lagoon and the Antique Lamps (I moved the second one from the Kinzville Farmer's Market).

(And yes, I found a wool hat for Mike. He got one of the blue snowflake toques from the Winterfest. Close enough. ;) )

No comments: