Saturday, May 10, 2008

No Rest For the Weary

Thankfully, it was gloomy and gray when I woke up but not wet, so I was able to go to the bank and the Collingswood Farm Market. Going to the Farm Market today was especially important, since I won't be able to get there next week. I work too early next Saturday (9:30) to get there and get to the store on time. The Farm Market was busy again; it took me a while to get some of the farmers' attention, there were so many people milling around. I finally came out with beets, bananas from the wholesaler, peach butter, fresh cheddar cheese, two brioche rolls and a raisin-nut breadstick, and the first New Jersey strawberries of the season. (All the strawberries I've bought from Acme came from California.) I made a quick stop at Doria's Deli on the way home for brown sugar and turkey.

I had lunch, then went over Uncle Ken's really quick to retrieve the copy of Ratatouille I left there on Friday, then went home and went to work. Work was busy the whole day, especially early on. The sun came out somewhere around 4:30, and by the time I finally finished my own grocery shopping and headed home, the clouds were gone and it was a perfectly normal spring evening. Hopefully, this bodes well for Mother's Day. I know a lot of people have many things planned for tomorrow, especially since this is the first really major holiday since Easter.

No comments: