Saturday, May 03, 2008

Return of the Farm Market

I attended the first Collingswood Farm Market of the season this morning. Despite the gloomy clouds and chilly weather, the place was packed three and four deep at some booths. It was mostly vegetables, baked goods, or flowers. I'm iffy on buying flowers because I don't know how well they'd survive the bike ride home, but I did get honey, pumpkin butter, leeks, dandelion greens (something different for salads than spinach - and just as nutritional), asparagus, bananas from the wholesaler, and a nice, round loaf of bread. I've missed the Farm Market. It's fun to just walk around and see all the people and their kids and pooches. There were some beautiful dogs there today, including two frisky Pinchers who reminded me of my sister Rose's dog Kelsey and two gorgeous honey-colored collies.

I had lunch (yogurt, two slices of Portuguese Corn Bread with Sugar-Free Apricot Preserves, and dandelion greens with balsamic vinaigrette), then went to work. Work was busy all day long, especially when the sun briefly came out and the temperatures soared. By the time I went home, though, the clouds and the chill had returned. It's supposed to get warmer later this week, though.

And...all RIGHT! The Flyers rode past le Montreal Canadiens this evening and will be going on to the Eastern Conference final! Woo HOO! :D

No comments: