Monday, July 13, 2009

Chores and Errands

Woke up late this morning. Ate breakfast and listened to music, then stripped the linens off my bed, replaced them with new ones, dumped the old ones in the laundry basket, and headed over to Uncle Ken's for this week's laundry session. Uncle Ken and Dolores were preparing ham and cheese melts for lunch while chatting with Uncle Ken's son Guy. He normally teaches English at a university in Taiwan, but apparently he's bringing several of his students over here to take in American culture for a week.

Jessa was upstairs. She and I went out to CVS while my laundry was in the dryer. We had a nice chat about our plans for the summer while we were on our walk. Not surprisingly, given this is her last summer before college and she's working anyway, she doesn't intend to do anything really big. I bought allergy and cold medicine, pads, eggs (they're still $1.49 there), cough drops, and things for my vacation. Jessa bought microwaveable soup and Pop Tarts for her lunch.

We stopped at my apartment to drop off the eggs, then went back to Dad and Uncle Ken's. I read X-Men: The Return while waiting for it to be done. The laundry took longer than usual to dry, thanks to the extra bed linens. I barely made it home in time to put everything away, change, grab lunch, and head out.

I needn't have hurried. It was steady when I came in at 4, dead when I left at 9. Other than a few obnoxious customers, there were no major problems.

It was on-and-off cloudy and breezy for most of the day, but a customer mentioned getting stuck in a huge rainstorm on her way home. It must have been either north or south of us. It was still dry when I came out, and the clouds were heavy but not stormy.

No comments: