Sunday, July 26, 2009

Into the Pool

Started this morning with Peach Spice Pancakes (made with one of the last of the farm market peaches) and a call to Mom. Mom was fine. She was about to water the flowers in the boxes on her patio and await the arrival of my sister Anny and her two sons.

Mom did start her part-time cashier job at Micheal's last week...and she hates it as much as I do. Like me, she'd rather actually do something with her time besides standing around behind a register. I'm really glad she did get this job, even if she doesn't last there. There's finally someone in the family who understands why my current job is driving me nuts.

Speaking of my current job, that was comparatively quiet for a Sunday. It was steady, but not as bad as it could have been. My relief was on time, and I was in and out.

I went home, changed into my bathing suit, grabbed my laundry, and went right back out again for this week's laundry session. It took longer than I thought it would. Someone already had laundry in the dryer when I was there. I wasn't done until about 8:30.

At least I had a pretty good time. There were quite a few people at Dad's and Uncle Ken's tonight, in addition to Dad, Uncle Ken, Jodie, and Dolores - Vanessa and a cousin of hers, Keisha, Uncle Ken's granddaughter Paige, her boyfriend, and their two-year-old daughter Ella, Dolores' children and their son Blake. We had pepperoni and sausage pizza and cheesesteaks and swam in the pool. (Ella barely wanted to leave the pool, despite her blue and chattering lips. The pool was in the lower 80s this evening - not bad, but maybe a little chilly for a toddler.)

No comments: