Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Short But Sweet

I'm proud of me. I got a lot done in a very short amount of time today. Started the day after breakfast with a quick run to Dad and Uncle Ken's. Today is Dad's birthday (I think he's 65). Dad wasn't there, so I just left his Peaches and Cream Pudding Pie and card on the breakfast island and headed back out.

Did the bathroom in record time when I got in. It normally takes me at least 45 minutes to an hour to clean the bathroom, but I whittled it down to 30 today. I couldn't put it off. It was disgusting, especially the sink. The only thing I didn't get to was the window and the mirror over the sink, but I'll do those on Friday.

Work was dead as a doornail for most of the day. Between the 90 degree heat and heavy humidity and this being prime vacation time, who wants to run to the store? It did pick up a bit during the usual 4-6 rush hour. I had one obnoxious older woman who read the Boost sale wrong (even though the packages were clearly labeled with the right sales on the shelf), but otherwise no problems.

When I got home, I wrapped my little nephew Skylar's birthday Transformer and got his package ready to send to North Wildwood tomorrow. His birthday is Friday. Mom said they'll be having cake and ice cream then; I'd like for it to arrive by Friday.

No comments: