Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mid-Summer Madness

Started a gorgeous summer day (80 degrees, sunny and breezy) with a ride to the Haddon Township Library for this week's volunteer session and to return the DVDs. There were still stacks of DVDs to put away, though not nearly as many as in past weeks. I reorganized the messy children's DVDs and shelved the adult ones. I took out two books, that X-Men: The Legacy Virus novel I never got to finish a few weeks ago and the first book in a mystery series about a trio of formerly-rich Philadelphia Main Line sisters, How to Murder a Millionaire. I've been iffy about trying this series; the lives of the rich (or formerly rich) and obnoxious have never much interested me. We'll see how it goes.

I rode around the Westmont/Audubon area for a little while after that. Stopped at Super Fresh for cooking spray (their sales are better than Acme's), then at the small Thriftway/Rite Aid shopping center on Crystal Lake Road that I always forget is there and bought Sun Silk conditioner from Rite Aid (I'm almost out of conditioner). I just cruised around Westmont for a bit, then headed into Audubon and to Willie the Woodsman and Wife's. I bought myself a Spotted Frog and my best friend Lauren a "thank you" gift for when I see her on vacation next month.

I spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out at my place, watching Wonder Woman episodes and making Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. I had a delicious dinner of Garden State Turkey-Bean Soup (also known as what you do with home-made chicken stock, leftover cooked ground turkey from tacos, canned black beans, and most of the vegetables in your refrigerator) and the last of my Molasses-Whole Wheat-Oat Bread with farm market blueberry butter on my porch. It was so nice out. Breezy, bright, and warm without being too hot or humid. I hope this nice weather lasts.

No comments: