Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy to Balance

Started a busy day with yoga class. I wanted to get to the Wednesday morning class this week because the teacher, Jill, will be going on maternity leave starting tomorrow. I really like her. She's such a sweet woman, and a wonderful and enthusiastic teacher. Class was surprisingly small for what was Jill's last class. I thought everyone would come out, but there was only nine people, counting Jill.

Maybe the weather kept them away. It wasn't really hot, but it remained sticky-humid, windy, and cloudy. After class, I headed for Collingswood's post office, several blocks down from Yogawood, and sent my nephew Skylar's birthday package. I then rode over to the library to return the three DVDs and a book that was due. I had enough time to shelve some DVDs, but I'm really trying to hold off on taking anything else out until after vacation, especially since I still have two books out that I'm reading.

Made quick stops at Super Fresh (looked for batteries), WaWa (milk), and Doria's Deli (turkey and a Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi), before heading home. I'd done everything so quickly, I had plenty of time for a Turkey and Summer Veggie Sandwich lunch and to work on adding music to my MP3 player. I still had some music on there left from last September and from my trip to visit Amanda at Christmas. I pulled all of the Christmas stuff and a few other things and added the Beatles, the Who, the soundtrack from the original 1957 Rogers and Hammerstein Cinderella, and the Charlie's Angels soundtrack.

(I shouldn't really need music on this trip as much as I have during previous vacations. The train trip only takes about three to three and a half hours all together, a far cry from the 6-8 hour bus marathons.)

Work was pretty much the same as yesterday, stead-to-dead with no really major problems besides some chop-shop people. The problems were outside the store. First of all, they were working on redoing the concrete around the main entrance for some strange reason (the concrete looked fine to me yesterday), which meant everyone had to use the back entrance near Rite Aid. Second, it poured on and off for most of the time I was in work. (A bagger walked in soaked; she got caught retrieving carts in a downpour, poor kid.)

Thankfully, it looked like it was starting to break up by the time I went home at 8. The wind was gone and it was cooler, but it's remained humid. (The air conditioner is still on.)

No comments: