Saturday, July 18, 2009

Storms Passing

Geez, you go on Deviant.art to look at Wolverine fan art for five minutes...and it turns into two hours. Anyway, I didn't do a whole lot today. I spent a hot, humid morning working on editing this month's Monkees role-play. (Look for it by Monday at the latest.) I wanted to go online, but the internet went down. It was down for about five minutes. It hasn't done that in a while; I wonder if the weather's a factor this time?

It was sprinkling but not raining hard when I headed for work, dodging the continuing work on the water and gas pipes on Kendall Boulevard. Work was busy for most of the night, right up to the last half-hour I was there, and there were no problems. A thunderstorm apparently passed while I was inside, but by the time I got out, the storm was gone, and it was just wet and humid again.

On my way home, I stopped on a driveway on Kendall Boulevard to rub my left eye. My eyes have been itchy for a while now, probably because of my allergies. While rubbing, I accidentally pulled the new contact out of my eye! Thank goodness I was able to find it and get it home in the folded paycheck stub in my pocket, but it did mean I rode part-blind half-way home.

Oh, and Bob at Abbie Road mentioned that the Rite Aid next-door to the Acme is shutting down. I hadn't even realized it until I saw a large yellow "going out of business" sign as I passed there this evening. I'm not sure what a drug store is doing next to a large grocery store, anyway. On one hand, the CVS next-door to the Acme in Wildwood always seemed to do fine, but I don't think the Wildwood Acme has a pharmacy. On the other hand, the Eckard's next-door to the North Cape May Acme shut down within years of it's opening and was replaced with a local liquor store. There was an Eckard's (now likely a Rite Aid) next to Shop Rite that always seemed to do fine, too. (And that gigantic Shop Rite probably DOES have a pharmacy.)

No comments: