Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Berry Sweet Baking

Since today was cooler and on-and-off cloudy, I decided to spend the morning baking cookies. The first crop of blueberries of the year inspired me to make Fourth of July Blueberry Softbakes from my cookie baking book. I've wanted to try them since I got the baking book, but it's usually not cool enough when blueberries are in season to make them! I used mixed dried berries in place of dried cranberries, plain yogurt in place of sour cream (which I don't like), whole wheat and regular flour, and Smart Balance 50/50 Butter in place of regular butter. They came out quite well, nice and nutty and just sweet enough.

Speaking of "nutty," I enjoyed the last of Night Court. I can understand why Billie didn't last out this season. She was kind of fun, but didn't really have much of a personality. On the other hand, Selma the old-lady bailiff was cool and, as much as I liked her replacements, would be missed.

Worked on editing the role-play before having leftover beef stir-fry for lunch. I was late getting out after lunch, and almost late to work! It was windy, cloudy and cool. It rained very briefly this morning, but to my knowledge, it's otherwise been dry.

Other than being late, work was on-and-off steady with no major problems, even missing people this time.

No comments: