Friday, June 18, 2010

Sunshine On My Shoulders

Today was once again utterly gorgeous. It was a little warmer than yesterday, but other than that, it was wonderfully sunny and breezy. I started off my day with volunteering at the Oaklyn Library. They were setting up for tomorrow's Spring Book Swap Party for volunteers. I've debated all week whether or not I'd attend it, but since I'm off tomorrow, I might as well. It could be fun, and I could clear out some books.

I next headed around the neighborhood and over to the post office to deliver my stepdad's Father's Day card. This took a little longer than I thought it would. First of all, it was noon, and the traffic on the White Horse Pike was a pain. Second, cops were diverting traffic to Newton Avenue even as I walked down the block from the library. (I never did find out what happened there. I didn't see any smoke or accidents.)

When I got in, I made Pineapple Tuna Salad and Persian Cucumber Salad for lunch, then worked on editing the Monkees Role Play for a while. (It's not very long, but it took us a while to write. Lauren and I were on vacation when we wrote it. Look for it by the end of this weekend.)

I left for work early. It was too nice to sit inside for another hour. Besides, I've been trying to get my contacts for the last few days, but I've worked late all this week and haven't been in the Audubon area on days when I've been off. I also took a quick peek at FYE to see if they had any new WebKinz (nope) and picked up my paycheck.

Work was relatively quiet, especially for the beginning of the first weekend of many local kids' summer vacations. I'm assuming a lot of people took advantage of the nice weather to take the family down to the Shore. There were a few annoying old women, but otherwise no major problems. I was in early and able to do my own shopping quickly.

My schedule next week is not great. Only three days, 4-9 on Friday again. (Though I do have 12-5 on Tuesday.)

No comments: