Monday, June 07, 2010

June Is (Finally) Bustin' Out All Over

I got up around 8:30-9ish this morning. First thing I did was stick my head out the front door. I was expecting it to still be mega-hot, but instead, I was greeted with a blast of cold air. Not just cool, but cold! I turned off the no-longer needed air conditioner and fans right away.

Spent the rest of this now-cool day doing things online and in the kitchen. I looked up local recreation centers. Every town in Cape May County has a rec center, a place where people can take free or inexpensive aerobics, gymnastics, dance, or swim class, or learn what's going on in town, or see a free movie or hear a speaker. Only two towns in this area seem to have one of these, Audubon and Haddon Heights. I was greatly disappointed. I took swimming, gymnastics, and aerobics classes at the Rec Center in Cape May as a kid. Most of the "community centers" in this area are for seniors only. What about all the families that can't afford health club fares or fancy studios like Yogawood?

I'm still going to check out the two rec centers on Friday, after I go grocery shopping and run some errands in the mall behind the Acme. Maybe they'll have something.

I also took advantage of the cooler day to get some baking in. I finally finished the Banana Honey Muffins yesterday. I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I just made Chocolate Chip Muffins, using Alton Brown's "Old School Muffins" recipe from his I'm Just Here For More Food cookbook. They came out pretty well, soft, sweet, and almost biscuit-like.

Work was pretty much the same as last night - off and on busy, no problems other than a few obnoxious old people leftover from the beginning of the month.

No comments: