Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Into the Pool

I felt wonderful this morning when I awoke. I wasn't sticky. I wasn't really hot, even under my fairly thick blanket. When I poked my head out the door after getting out of bed, it was neither cold nor as hot and humid as the past few days. It was just right for late June-early July, probably in the lower-mid 80s.

My ride to work was great. Nice breeze, warm but not humid at all. It's the nicest it's felt in ages. Work was really busy; not surprising, given that it's both the beginning of the month and the 4th of July weekend. We had fairly long lines on and off. Other than the usual annoying old people and others you run into during the beginning of the month, there were no major problems.

My relief was on time. I was able to get out and buy the $1.99 Breyers Ice Cream sale (I went with peach this time) and Acme brown egg sale before they end tomorrow. I really didn't need the eggs, but that's such a good price for brown eggs (made even better by my store discount), I decided to stock the fridge.

After I got home and put my ice cream and eggs away, I debated whether I still wanted to go to Dad's and swim or not. That had been my original plan for this afternoon anyway when I still had today off. I finally decided "what the heck?", changed into my bathing suit, and headed to Dad and Uncle Ken's house.

I'm so glad I did. The water wasn't quite as warm as the other day, but it wasn't cold, either, into the lower 80s. In fact, the air was probably colder this time. Everyone was home, too. I got to say "welcome home" to Dad, who finally got back from taking a cruise ship to Florida the day before yesterday, and to Uncle Ken and Dolores, who were in Ocean City, Maryland over the weekend. I told all three my plans for the next month, including my planned vacation in early August.

Since it was such a nice day, I decided to catch up on my baking when I got home. I made Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brownies while watching summer-themed Donald Duck cartoons. They came out fabulous, just as fudgy as the recipe claimed, and tasted wonderful with the peach ice cream.

No comments: