Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Welcoming the Rain

I awoke to a cloudy, gray, cool day...and I was ok with that. We badly need the rain. The grass is looking very brown, and everything is getting crackly. I had oatmeal for breakfast, then headed down to the Oaklyn Library for this week's volunteering session there.

The Library was surprisingly quiet for such a nasty day. There weren't even any kids. I worked on organizing the kids' books, then took a quick glance at the DVDs. The kids' section took me a while, since I didn't do it last week.

It was just starting to spit a little as I walked back to my apartment. It didn't turn into a shower until an hour later, when I was eating lunch and working on the budget. By that point, I didn't really have the time to call for a ride. I rode my bike to work and got wet.

Work wasn't too bad. We had several call-outs in the morning and were busy during rush-hour, but once the Flyers game started, everyone cleared out. I spent the last half-hour shelving candy. There were a few annoying people, otherwise no problems.

It was just misting a little when I got out of the Acme. The rain thankfully waited to increase until I was two blocks from home.

And the Flyers are down 3-2 in the second period as of this writing, but it's still anyone's game...

No comments: