Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hide and Seek

I was going to do my bills this morning, then go for a morning walk before work at noon. The bill for my phone and internet was right on the top of the antique junk dresser in the music section of the living room, but the one for my college payments wasn't. I spent the next hour in a tizzy looking for that thing. I just could NOT find it anywhere in the apartment, and it's due the 24th! I finally gave up looking and just went for a walk instead.

I've decided that, until I can afford to join a gym, I'll just walk three or four times a week and swim two or three times a week. I'd really rather do something with people, but that just isn't possible. I don't know anyone else who is trying to lose weight.

It was very hot and humid this morning, but there was a nice breeze that made it tolerable. I made sure to bring a big container of water with me. I thought about where the college payment bill might be. I knew I'd brought it inside, but I couldn't for the life of me remember where I put it. I just decided to pay it online, which I did when I got home.

(I never did send out my phone/internet bill, but that's not due until next week anyway. I'll send it tomorrow or later this week.)

Work was a pain in the rear. The hot weather had made lots of people cranky...and some employees, too. All anyone did was whine about how hot it was. I got very tired of hearing about it, especially since I'd enjoyed the lovely wind this morning.

One of the boys who is always late coming from work (supposedly) got stuck in traffic and took over an hour to get in...when he was supposed to be in at 2. The woman he was relieving shut down and went home. Managers had to fill in for her. I stayed an extra hour to make up for it. It wasn't a big deal. I wanted to put some candy away, and I really, really need extra hours right now.

1 comment:

Linda said...

> The bill for my phone and internet
> was right on the top of the
> antique junk dresser in the music
> section of the living room, but
> the one for my college payments
> wasn't.

It's those blue guys again!