Monday, January 16, 2012

"I Have a Dream..."

First of all, I salute Dr. Martin Luther King and his dream on this still-cold January day!

I was up late again with Lauren and slept so late, I didn't really have the time to do much of anything this morning. I just worked on my inventories. I moved the comic books to their own section and added the Calvin and Hobbes and Peanuts books. I've been meaning to start doing the book inventories for a while now. In addition to separating the comic books from the regular non-fiction, I need to separate the adult and children's fiction and do a separate inventory for cookbooks and Star Wars-related non-film media.

It took me longer to do the inventory than I thought it would, and once again, I was almost late to work. I thought it would be busy all day, due to the holiday, but maybe a lot of people are still recovering from the last holiday or went away for the weekend. It was busy during rush hour, otherwise not bad. I was in and out.

When I got home, I decided to try one of two exercise DVDs I own. Rose gave me Pilates Conditioning for Weight Loss several years ago when she decided it wasn't what she needed in her own workout. I was frustrated with how badly I did. I couldn't focus on breathing. I couldn't control my stomach muscles, no matter how hard I tried. It was hard to relax. I couldn't roll up at all! I was in tears when I realized just in how bad of shape I was. I didn't know I let myself go so badly. I think I might try the Yoga for Beginners DVD I bought around 2007 instead and see if that can help me first, before I move back to conditioning my stomach.

I also realized how hard it is for me to do anything without support. There was no one around to tell me if I was doing it right, or to encourage me or cheer me on. It felt lonely. I'm glad I joined the gym. It might be more helpful than any DVD.

No comments: