Sunday, January 08, 2012

"Sunday, Sweet Sunday, With Nothing To Do..."

I awoke so late, there wasn't time to do much of anything...which is fine by me. Sundays should be nice, quiet days. I made Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes, wrote in my journal, and worked on stuff online. I knew Mom and Dad would be taking Keefe to his Naval recruiting office to leave today, so I decided to save talking on the phone with them until tonight.

Work, when I finally got there, was busy, busy, busy. In addition to the last of the beginning of the month customers, we're having a huge three-day-sale on a lot of items. People want to stock up after the holidays. The store was a mess all day long. It was so crazy, I didn't go on break until nearly 5, and I finished my shift at 6! I was almost late getting out when my relief was the college student who is always late from his second job, too.

Went straight home after work. I ate leftovers for dinner, listened to Broadway musical CDs, and finally talked to my folks. The second time I called, I caught Mom just coming in from a walk. Other than she has a bad chest cold, she seemed ok. She's going to miss my brother something fierce, of course, but she says she saved doing some major house cleaning and organizing for this week so she'd have something to distract her.

No comments: