Thursday, January 26, 2012

Running Balance

I started today quietly with That's Entertainment Part III and a baking session. I just got rid of the remaining cookies I bought on sale from the Acme's bakery last week and decided I wanted a less dry successor. I finally ended up making the last bag of Gingerbread Cookie Mix from last month. Ran That's Entertainment III as I baked. The That's Entertainment films are perfect for when I just need background, or when I want to watch a musical and can't decide. It's like picking all of them.

It had been cloudy and cool but not too cold or warm all morning, and it remained so when I headed out around 11:30 with a bag of books and CDs to donate to the Haddon Township Library. I had a few stops to make on the way. Went to Dollar Tree first for sponges, scrubbers, and a back brush for the shower. Skipped a few doors down and had a nice, simple lunch of Minestrone Soup, a bottle of water, and a toasted honey-oat bagel at the Westmont Bagel Shop. It was past noon by then, so they were fairly busy.

(And I noticed that the Party Shop party goods store in the Westmont Plaza seems to be moving across the parking lot to the freestanding building that once housed Blockbuster Video. I guess they needed more room. I wonder what will move into the store they're vacating? That store was empty for years before they opened.)

Rode over to the Haddon Township Library next for this week's volunteering session there. There were plenty of DVDs to put away, so I mainly concentrated on doing them. I encountered my sister Rose carrying a gigantic box while I was shelving the adult movies. She mentioned first that she wants to know more about Lucile Roberts when I finally get there; she's considering joining up, too. She then told me that her best friend Colleen will be visiting from Harrisburg on Saturday, and she thought I might want to get together with them. Besides, she still needs to pick up her son's winter hat that he lost at work. She says it's his favorite.

I did end up taking out a couple of DVDs this week. Grabbed the animated film Rio, the first set for the new Scooby Doo series Mysteries Incorporated, and two movies, the 70s Robert Redford/Mia Farrow version of The Great Gatsby, and the recent version of True Grit with Jeff Bridges.

The pavement and my bike were a little bit wet when I got out, but it wasn't too bad. It was still showering slightly as I pushed my bike down the hill, but the rain was long gone when I arrived at the Collingswood Library. My session there was much faster. I just shelved and organized a few DVDs. There was nothing to do upstairs, and not a lot going on besides high school students doing homework. I left a little early. Headed across the street briefly to take a look at the Antique and Used Book Shop where I bought Uncle Ken's Rachel Ray cookbook last fall, but there wasn't much left there.

Yoga was next. Lee had just come back from six days in Jamaica. She was energized and full of ideas and inspiration from her trip. We did a lot of work on twisting this time and on standing poses. I think I'm finally getting the hang of the slower pace. It's also nice to see a lot of less-coordinated people, which doesn't often happen in the morning classes or with most workout DVDs.

Rode home via Newton River Park, since I didn't go through the park this morning. It was almost dark by the time I pulled up next to CVS. I picked up Pantene curl formula shampoo and conditioner on sale there, then quickly made my way home for dinner and an East Side Kids movie, Spooks Run Wild.

No comments: