Friday, July 11, 2014

Sunshine Girls and Bowery Boys

Began the morning with Strawberry Shortcake. In Fun Under the Sun, Strawberry and all her friends in Berry Bitty City are feeling frazzled and in need of an end-of-the-summer vacation. First, Blueberry thinks Strawberry's taking them on a trip, but when it turns out to be something different, she tries to keep the others from finding out. Then, they decide to build the berry sweet tropical hotel of their dreams, but Orange Blossom gets so caught up in the little details, she forgets to let her friends have a good time. Even after they do get their mini-resort going, an obnoxious bug reporter invades, trying to get an interview with Cherry Jam. Even after she fails to get the interview, the girls' polite hints aren't enough to get rid of her. It's a wild summer, but everyone finally agrees that you don't need to find paradise to have a memorable vacation.

I had a few errands to run late this morning. My contacts were ready at America's Best. I rode over there and grabbed those before doing my grocery shopping. I had a fairly long list of things I needed and a lot of restocking to do. Acme's having some really good sales this week, including some over the weekend. I bought cooking spray, Pepperidge Farm Goldfish French Toast Graham Crackers (had a coupon for them, and they were on sale for $2), 18-count eggs, canned chicken, and Smart Balance butter (half-off - may have been a clearance). Restocked chocolate chips, canola oil, skim milk, honey, chicken fillets, and lemon juice. They had Cure 81 ham steaks on sale for $2.50. A pile of them had $2 manager's coupons on them - I got two for a dollar!

When I got home, I put everything away, had leftovers for lunch, and watched more Bowery Boys. It's No Holds Barred when a build-up of calcium in Sach's body causes him to have amazing "traveling muscles." Slip takes advantage of Sach's new strength to make a killing in the wrestling ring. A shady manager wants in on this new phenomenon...and when Slip won't let him take a cut, he becomes determined to find out just where Sach's strength is going to show up next.

Work was more of a pain. They were short on help when I went grocery shopping earlier, and they were still short when I arrived. It was on-and-off busy, too, which didn't help. It did slow down by 7, and the call-outs mostly seemed to be in the morning and afternoon. I was able to leave quickly without a relief.

Oh, and I have an excellent schedule next week. All early days, thanks to a lot of morning people going on vacation this week. My only complaint is an extra-early day next Saturday means I'll have to miss the Farm Market next week. Otherwise, Tuesday and Thursday off again and nothing later than 6. I might try for a day trip on Thursday. (It sounds like the weather's not going to be conductive to much running around on Tuesday.) I won't be going too far until fall, but I'd at least like to try for some short excursions.

No comments: