Sunday, June 14, 2015

Never (Busy) On a Sunday

I was awaken around 9:30 by my cell phone going off. My stepsister Jessa left me a message. Turns out that record cafe she mentioned last week isn't open on Sundays. I called her back and left a message, telling her to call in a few hours. After I let her go, I tried to sleep for another hour or so. After I gave up, I read Maisie Dobbs, wrote in my journal, and went online for a little while until Lauren was ready to emerge.

Jessa called back as Lauren and I were finishing our Mini Blueberry Pancakes. (Lauren didn't want them to be too big, so I made them more silver dollar size.) Nope, they weren't going to the record cafe. I told them I had to get to the Acme anyway, so we'd be ok just not doing anything today.

We started out to the Acme around 1 PM. This time, we took Nicholson Road. It was, once again, hot and humid, though not quite as hot as it had been. We browsed around Game Stop and Rue 21 at the Audubon Crossings Shopping Center for a while, not because we wanted anything, but really just to get in the air conditioning. We had lunch at Tu Sei Bella's. We both had Powerade to replace the fluids lost from sweating heavily. I had a slice of chicken-garlic-mushroom pizza. Lauren had prosciutto with greens and tomatoes.

Next stop was the Acme. I didn't really need much in the way of groceries. Bought a bottle of Sparkling Ice for Lauren and a can of white beans to replace what I used on the tuna salad earlier in the week. Got things to make a Strawberry Mousse Pie.

I'm not terribly happy with my schedule next week. My first day back is eight hours! They couldn't have eased me back in? My remaining two work days are far more normal. I'm glad for more hours than I thought I'd have, but I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to end up worn out again.

We went straight home after leaving the Acme. After having spent the last four days running around, we decided we'd be better off hanging out and resting. I made the strawberry mousse pie. We played  Kirby's Epic Yarn, then did the short Celebration Board on Pac Man Party. (Lauren won.) We tried The Blob 2, which apparently involved making little creatures roll into color and brighten the environments. I made cornmeal-crusted chicken fingers with steamed asparagus for dinner after we learned Lauren hadn't unlocked enough rounds to play in party mode yet.

Finished out WENN after I took a shower. I showed Lauren all of the fourth season episodes but "The Sunset Also Rises" (she hasn't seen Sunset Boulevard either, and it's just not a very good episode) and "All Noisy On the Pittsburgh Front" (that is a good episode, but if I watch it again, I'll just cry). I'm not sure she knows what to make of it. She's fonder of Red Skelton's pratfalls and visual comedy. We switched to him after "At Cross Purposes." We just got past a really nifty pantomime-based episode with Ed Wynn as the guest-star, a friendly hobo who helps Skelton's Freddie the Freeloader with the baby he's found.

Tomorrow, we're going to dodge the projected storms and hit the Cherry Hill Mall and stores in Westmont.

No comments: