Friday, February 12, 2016

Snow Wishes

Began a sunny but very cold morning with a quick but fun movie while I ate breakfast and got ready for work. Wakko's Wish was intended as a strange finale to Animaniacs. The cast of the show play the citizens of a downtrodden town that's been brought into poverty by an evil king and his goofy tax collectors. When Wakko wishes on a star that his sister Dot could have an operation, the star actually falls to Earth...and now everyone, from Slappy Squirrel and her nephew to the Warner siblings to the evil king to Pinky and the Brain and many others, are determined to find that star and get the happy endings they're hoping for.

Work wasn't too bad later in the evening, but it was crazy early in the day. Once again, people weren't always in the best of moods, either. I spent the down time and my break working on story ideas. I've decided I'll go into the Star Wars fairy tale after I finish the story I'm currently working on. I still want to do the 80's high school story, but it needs more work. I'm planning on the fairy tale mix being shorter and a bit less complicated.

It did slow down long enough for me to close with no relief. Which may not have been smart. Ten minutes after I closed, the lines got long. That was a pain. I didn't have a lot of grocery shopping to do, but I had some. Restocked canned pineapple and mandarin oranges, grapefruit, apples, bananas, cake mix, and buttermilk. Chicken is on a 40% off sale. I picked up legs for about $2.48. I've been eyeing a thin Star Wars Entertainment Weekly making-of book for almost two months now, but it's expensive, and I didn't have the money.

My schedule for next week is almost exactly the same as this week, with some slightly different times next weekend. I still don't have enough hours, but thanks to my tax return and the big paycheck I got from my one busy week, it's not as devastating as it was last summer and early fall. It also means for the second year in a row, I have President's Day off. I will more than likely spend the week finishing off my current story and starting the Star Wars story. If I get nice weather on any of my days off, I might go for a ride.

It was just starting to do a little of something, snow or rain, when I headed to the mall in the back for dinner at Tu Se Bella's. I just missed the crowd. Even with no line, I still had to wait nearly ten minutes for my slice of cheese and slice of broccoli rabe and sausage pizza and bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. I ended up eating my pizza in the main dining area because the tables near the counter were all taken.

The light rain shower was becoming a light snow shower as I rode home. It looked very pretty coming down. It seems to have left us with a dusting of snow...which could be a problem, since it's supposed to be literally freezing for the rest of the weekend. I hope it doesn't get too icy.

Oh, and I made the one and only Amazon.com order I'm planning on with this tax return. I kept things simple. Got the Sailor Moon Season 2, Vol 1 DVD set. The DVD set for Vol 2 is still kind of expensive. That one may have to wait for my birthday. They finally had the Signature version of Ginger Breadhouse for a good price. I really haven't been able to find her original version anywhere.

I'm generally trying to stay out of the Star Wars "Legends/Expanded Universe" novels. I'm beginning to remember one of the reasons I dropped this fandom to begin with - that whole thing just got too complicated for me. However, I know they've recently released some stories that revolve around characters from the Original Trilogy during the movies, and I couldn't resist a stand-alone story featuring a married (but before any version of their kids) Han and Leia, Tatoonie Ghost. I always did like the few stories that involved them together.

No comments: