Thursday, February 09, 2017

Not Quite a Winter Wonderland

I did, indeed, awaken to a snow storm. I celebrated the weather with Frosty's Winter Wonderland while I had breakfast. Frosty's glad to be back with his friends, but he feels lonely when they go inside and he can't. They make him a "snow wife" to cheer him up, but it takes a while to figure out how to make her "all livin'." Meanwhile, Jack Frost is very jealous of all the attention Frosty gets from the kids and is determined to be the only winter icon.

The snow may have been bad earlier, but by the time I headed out around 10, the roads were mostly clear, and the shower was winding down. When I headed outside to do carts, the snow was gone. In fact, the clouds broke up shortly after, and we ended up with a sunny day. The Acme wasn't busy when I arrived, probably due to the weather. I spent most of the first half of my long shift doing baskets filled with returns, as well as the trash and recycling. Spent most of the second half doing baskets and carts after the customers picked up around 12:30-1.

Went straight home and on the computer after work. I did do some writing. Ben tells Luke and Leia about a Coruscant's underground, lead by Jeanne Erson and her father. (Yes, I know I haven't seen Rogue One yet. No, I don't care. I like the idea enough to include the characters.) He also tells them that Derek Vader, the industrialist, killed their father Andrew Skylark when he was a promising young archaeologist and Vader was his pupil.

Speaking of Rogue One, I did more Star Wars Pinterest reorganizing. The Rogue One pictures now have their own page, which they share with any "Expanded Universe" material of interest to me, along with photos from the remaining "Star Wars Anthology" films when they come out.

Star Wars - Rogue One, Legends, & the Anthology Series

Broke for dinner around 7. I wanted a real dinner, something tasty but sensible. I ended up with seasoned chicken legs, steamed (bagged) vegetables, and brown rice. Yum. The chicken in particular came out nice and juicy and flavorful.

Ran a serial for current story inspiration while eating dinner and after my shower. Federal Agents Vs. Underworld Inc. is pretty much what it says on the tin. A professor found a pair of golden hands on an expedition that have ancient hierogliphics that could reveal the location of a fabulous treasure...and then disappears. One of the hands falls into the clutches of Nila, the head of the Underworld. Gordon, a gangster, has another. While they prepare to create on super-group of criminals, two FBI agents and the professor's assistant diligently track them and the golden hands down.

No comments: