Sunday, May 20, 2007

New Story

Here's my newest original short story. Actually wrote it in my journal a few months ago; this is the slightly revised version.

********

Would You Play With Me?
By Emma Redmer

“Mommy, would you have a tea party with me?”

“Sorry, sweetie, I have to get the pot roast in the oven. Why don’t you ask your father?”

“Daddy, would you play tea party with me?”

“Pumpkin, Daddy’s talking to a client. Why don’t you ask your brother?”

“Billy, would you play tea party with me?”

“No way! That’s baby stuff! ‘Sides, I’m at level five, and it takes forever to save this game! Go bug you sister.”

“Vicki, would you do SOMETHING with me?”

“Stop whining. I’m going on a date with Mike Parker, and I don’t want you bugging us while he’s here. Go play with your stuffed animals.”

“Oh, Susie, isn’t this a wonderful tea party! Everyone’s here! And the tea is just so divine, and you look divine, too! Don’t you think so?”

Her imaginary friend did not reply.

No comments: