Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tales Of Anne With An 'E and Other Bits and Pieces

I'm re-reading an old favorite of mine, "Anne of Green Gables." My mom gave me a huge book with the first two volumes and fifth volume of Anne's lengthy adventures, Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, and Anne's House Of Dreams, as a child. I never read House Of Dreams as a child because I thought Anne's grown-up adventures would be dull. I found one of the Anne books not contained in mine at the thrift shop a month ago, Anne of the Island. I enjoyed Anne's adventures in college so much, I decided it was time to give Miss Anne (with an "e") Shirley another chance.

I've now lost three pounds on the Weight Watchers. Rose has lost five or more, but she was always more athletic than I am. She plays tennis with her boyfriend and goes for long walks with her puppy. Not having a pet or someone to play sports with (and being lousy at most sports anyway), I'm pretty much on my own with exercise.

Rose and I each decided to set a non-weight related goal this week and see how well we do. I'm going to try to write a short story, just a little couple-paragraphs thing like what I did in February. When I do write it, I'll post it on this blog.

No comments: