Friday, August 17, 2007

In The Library Business

Went to the Camden County Library to pick up my volunteering papers this morning. I'll return them Monday afternoon...and then, I will FINALLY be an official volunteer! Since I was there (and will be going back soon), I rented the new "Most Wanted Edition" of the Disney Robin Hood and the 1963 Bye Bye Birdie. Mostly wanted to see what the new Robin Hood DVD was like. It's one of my favorite lesser-known Disney films, maybe out of nostalgia, since it turned up a lot on the Disney Channel and in revival in theaters when I was a kid.

While not one of Disney's huge, no-holds-barred two-disc sets, it is worth picking up if you like the movie. I haven't tried the games yet, but the darker alternate ending (which brings Maid Marian and Prince John back into the story and frankly gives a better introduction to King Richard) and cute Mickey Mouse short "Ye Olden Days" are fascinating and fun.

Work was, with one exception, not too bad today; on and off busy and not much trouble, except for one incident early in my shift. A woman and her son wanted to buy about 30 packages of bacon, fifteen cases of Snapple, and at least ten Capri Sun boxes, all of which are on sale with coupons that come in the flyer. However, you can only use one coupon per order, which I tried to explain to the woman. I ended up calling a manager, and we gave the woman her way (though she DID put most of the bacon back). As it turned out, the grocery manager was wrong and I was right. The coupons WERE limited offers, one per order, as they were last week.

I really hate these stupid coupon sales. They either have to start saying on the signs in very big, unmissable lettering that customers are only allowed ONE COUPON PER ORDER, or need to start saying on the coupons in something larger than fine print. Both would be nice.

No comments: