Sunday, August 12, 2007

We've Got Them

Mostly spent the time I wasn't at work today watching more Muppets episodes. I'm now up to the fourth disc. My favorites this time were Rudolf Nureyev (boy, did I envy Miss Piggy when she got to duet with him in the sauna - and that "Swine Lake" ballet spoof was a scream), Peter Sellars (who wasn't lying when he told Kermie he'd been so many characters, he couldn't remember his own - he apparently told the Muppet performers he'd do anything to not talk about himself!), Julie Andrews (who joined the Muppets for a lovely version of "The Lonely Goatheard" from The Sound Of Music, and Elton John (the Muppets had a grand time making fun of his crazy costumes of the 70s and did some wonderful renditions of two of my favorite John songs, "Benny and the Jets" and "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road").

Other than that, the day was a pain. Work was quiet when I left and when I arrived...but in between, it got loonier than an episode of "The Muppet Show!" We had long lines and obnoxious customers for much of the afternoon (not helped by one of the managers being on her own for a while, as her helper called out).

No comments: