Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rainy Day Woman

Today was a quiet, rainy day in the Riverside Rest. In fact, this is the first quiet, rainy day we've had in a long time. The last couple of times it's rained was always during a thunderstorm. It turned out to be a good thing I worked early. It was starting to rain lightly as I rode home from work around quarter of 1. The rain became a shower about an hour later, and it just let up around 10:30.

Work was busy, but except for getting out a little late because my replacement was late, nothing major.

I spent most of the day hanging around my apartment, which is how I was going to spend it even if it hadn't rained. I made an applesauce cake from a recipe Lauren sent me, watched the DVD of the 1963 version of "Bye Bye Birdie," was online briefly earlier, and listened to Beatles records (since I missed the Beatles show on WOGL earlier this moring).

I'm just glad it finally rained. We needed the rain. Despite the thunderstorms, it was getting really dry here; I was afraid they were going to declare a drought.

No comments: