Monday, February 22, 2010

"I Think It'll Rain Down..."

Well, at least it wasn't this morning. I had 11AM work. It was merely cloudy and a bit cooler than yesterday when I headed across the Black Horse Pike. The snow-covered sidewalks had cleared enough for me to walk my bike around and over the remaining icy patches. Hopefully, the weather will clear out the remaining snow, as it did on Christmas Day.

Work was busy all day, probably due to several major 4-day 10 for $10 sales. We had no problem whatsoever, including missing help. I was in and out quickly, picking up brown sugar during lunch.

I finished work at 4 and spent the rest of the afternoon doing a quick dusting session. I wasn't going to do anything too big. I just did it not long ago, and the dust wasn't really that bad, but it had to be done. It's one of the many chores and errands I've put off over the past couple of weeks, thanks to the weather and my cold. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up on a lot of things this week.

It didn't notice it raining until I'd stepped out of the shower and heard water tapping on my roof along with the water going down the drain. It was coming down pretty well earlier, but it seems to have settled down into a drizzle.

No matter what it does, at least it isn't snow. Snow doesn't bother me, per se...but I'm getting sick of all the hysteria over it. We don't normally get three major storms in one season, and no one around here knows how to react. I'm tired of everyone whining over it at work, customers and employees.

No comments: