Tuesday, February 02, 2010

I'll Be Back Up On My Feet

Spent a quiet morning doing laundry. I got an earlier start than usual, and everyone at Dad and Uncle Ken's were busy doing things around the house, so I had the laundry to myself. I was able to get the laundry washed and dried in record time.

I volunteered at the Oaklyn Library while the laundry was in the dryer. It was a cloudy, cold day. For once, Phil the Groundhog definitely wouldn't have seen his shadow, which I'm sure will make everyone around here happy. We've had an awful lot of winter already.

Went back and picked up my laundry around 12:30, and was having lunch by 1. I fooled around a little online before changing into my work clothes and heading out. Thank goodness that it was cold, but not cold enough that the little remaining snow on the ground was freezing, and there was no wind. My rides to and from work were fine.

Work itself was a repeat of yesterday - a pain in the rear. In addition to the beginning-of-the-month traffic, we've been getting reports of snow tonight and on Friday or Saturday. The snow tonight isn't supposed to be much, only about 2-4 inches...but the weekend snow could be anything from 6-30 inches! Or so everyone says. I hadn't heard anything about snow until they fussed about it at work.

No comments: