Monday, February 01, 2010

Monday Monday

Pretty quiet start to the week. I made a Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake after breakfast, once again using the Prevention cookbook. It calls for low-fat yogurt and milk; there's no butter or oil in it at all. I added to the fiber content by replacing the cup of all-purpose flour with a cup of whole-wheat flour.

I did pilates while the cake was in the oven. I figured out a way to be light on my bad toe. I found a colorful neck pillow I bought at the thrift shop a few years ago and stuck it under the bad toe whenever I needed to get it off the floor. Worked very nicely. I was able to do the workout with a minimum of soreness.

(And the toe is black-and-blue, which I'm hoping means it's merely bruised and not sprained or strained or anything that'll take a long time to heal.)

I left for work after lunch, about twenty minutes early. I ran to America's Best behind the Acme first to tell them that the new trial contacts prescription worked just fine. I paid for 3 month's worth there; it was the only thing I could afford. They should be in by next week.

I wish I'd stayed behind the Acme. It would have been far less of a pain in the rear than being IN it. It's the beginning of the month, and that means all of the fun people who get their money now are out and about. I really wish some of these old people who can obviously do things for themselves would stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. I don't really have the patience to mollycoddle them.

(And by the way, that "snow storm" is just about gone. There's a little left on the side path going to my apartment, but anything that's out in the sun has melted. It's been in the mid-30s here and sunny, about par for the course at this time of year in New Jersey.)

2 comments:

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emma said...

Yes. That's how big the stupid thing was...and why I hate bell bottoms. They should have been retired after 1971 and left there. :P