Saturday, August 28, 2010

Farewell to the Merriest Girls In Virginia

I really thought American Girl would retire Molly and Emily this year. Molly's the last of the original 80s American Girl dolls still in production, and her collection is neither as fancy nor as big as some. Plus, there's already five other 20th century American Girls.

I was wrong. Turns out the next in line for retirement are the Misses Felicity Merriman and Elizabeth Cole, the Colonial characters. Apparently, AG already semi-retired Felicity in the early 2000s, then returned her and added Elizabeth when the movie came out.

Actually, AG retired most of the outfits I liked best for Felicity already. There's one outfit on their site that I really want, Felicity's Riding Habit, and one that I can live without but wouldn't mind having, if only for the cool hat, the yellow Tea Lesson Gown. Otherwise, I see nicer home-made clothes for Lissie and Lizzie on Etsy (the eBay for home-made items) and eBay.

No comments: