Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

Ugh. It's back to being hot and humid again, upper 90s and really humid. Good thing I had very little laundry, and it took less than an hour to do. After I finished at the laundromat, I spent an hour or so watching the Bowery Boys and When Harry Met Sally. I went for a quick walk before I went to work; it was too hot for a long one!

(By the way, I really liked When Harry Met Sally. A guy and a girl keep meeting over a decade, then eventually try to prove that a man and a woman can be friends without sex interfering. A sweet, simple, charming movie with fine performances by Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan as the title pals and Carrie Fisher as Ryan's best female friend. As much as I love knockabout comedies, fantasies, musicals, and cartoons, sometimes it's just nice to watch a quiet movie about intelligent, witty adults behaving like intelligent, witty adults.)

For the second day in a row, work was on-and-off dead. It was so quiet, I spent the last forty minutes or so doing returns. There were no major problems, and I was in and out with no fuss.

No comments: