Monday, August 16, 2010

I Wish It Would Rain Down

Maybe it would get rid of this heat! It's back to being hot and humid again. While I don't think it's quite as hot or as humid as last week or most of July, it's not fun, either.

I slept in and got a late start to the Haddon Township Library. There wasn't a whole lot to do on a Monday. I put away the very few DVDs there were and shelved kids' books. I debated taking out DVDs, but I'm going to be working for most of the week and probably won't have the time to watch them. Today is my only day off this week.

Didn't head out until past 1:30. I was hungry, but I didn't have the money for a full lunch. I stopped by the Bagel Shop and bought a Cranberry Whole Wheat Bagel and some water. I enjoyed my treat outside on my bike before finally riding home.

Spent the next couple of hours inside. I finally had tuna salad, Persian Cucumber Salad, and Zucchini-Carrot Muffins for a real lunch. I crocheted. I watched another Bowery Boys movie, this one on their venture into the Navy.

I decided around 4 that a swim would feel nice. My cousin Amber and her family were just leaving as I was arriving at Uncle Ken's house. Amber told me that the pool was a bit cold, but not bad...and she was right. It was chilly, in the lower 80s, but chilly felt very good on a hot day! This time, I had the pool all to myself. Uncle Ken was the only one at home, and he was working on putting everything in the den back where it was.

I swam for about a half-hour, then read The Wind and the Willows for another half-hour. I was just getting ready to go when I heard crashing behind the pool area! It turned out to be Uncle Ken's neighbor Sandy. She was working on some things in her garage, and she wondered if I needed any furniture? All the furniture she was trying to get rid of was too big for my apartment, but I did pick up two Christmas craft-story-and-recipes books from her, Country Christmas and the 1991 edition of Christmas With Southern Living.

Had a pleasant dinner of Cornmeal-Battered Chicken Breasts and Ratatouille at home, watching more Bowery Boys movies. One had Slip and Sach seeking out corruption in the Air Force; another showed Sach being mistaken for a famous French scientist, which leads the Boys (and Louie Dumbrowski, the owner of the ice cream shop where the Boys hang out) to France to sort things out.

(And it did finally rain a little around 8:30, though I don't believe it's doing so anymore.)

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi Emma, I have a friend who would love your recipe for cornmeal-battered chicken breasts! Would you mind sharing?