Monday, November 01, 2010

All Hallow's Day Tricks

Brr! Boy, was it chilly this morning. Good thing I'd already pulled on a second blanket. It felt so nice under the covers. I really didn't want to get up, but I had to get the laundry done before work today.

The laundry went pretty well. I got in around quarter after 10, and it wasn't really that busy. I thought a lot of people might have been recovering from Halloween yesterday.

After I got home, I folded the laundry and put it away. The next item on my to-do list was taking down the Halloween decorations and putting up what I have for Thanksgiving. I generally enjoyed my Halloween season this year. My Velma costume went over really well. The witch costume I did last year was pretty cool, too. I really need to remember to put a little more thought into my costumes; I get nice results when I do.

I was disappointed that I couldn't help with trick-or-treating, though. I had fun helping Uncle Ken and Dad last year. I hope it'll be easier for me to help out next Halloween. Halloween will be on Monday, and the towns will probably be back to having the kids trick-or-treat in the evening after school.

I have a few things for Thanksgiving. Most of the standing decorations are turkey WebKinz or things I got from yard sales. My favorite Thanksgiving decorations are the cardboard hangings depicting scenes of pilgrims and Native Americans preparing for Thanksgiving together. I actually got those from the Acme the first year I lived in Oaklyn. They're pretty big; I suspect they were really made for school bulletin board displays.

It took me longer to put everything up and take it down than I thought it would, which meant my lunch of leftover beef stew was late...and that meant I was late getting out to work. It was still fairly cold by then, no warmer than the lower 50s. I had to grab my big black winter coat for the first time since March!

Work was a total and complete pain in the rear. It's the beginning of the month, and yes, there were a lot of the usual annoying people who drive everyone totally crazy. I would like to look for another job...but I'm still not doing it now. Not during the holidays. We'll see how I feel...and if I have a strategy that might actually work...after the New Year.

No comments: