Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Please Mr. President, Take Pity On the Working Woman

...'Cause she's had a long day. It began around 7:30, when I was snuggled under my covers. I was rudely awaken by the sound of my phone next to my bed. Yes, it was the Acme. Could I come in at 10:30 and work eight hours? There were call-outs. I wasn't crazy about it, especially after last night was such a pain, but yes, I did agree to go in. I need the hours.

The early wake-up did give me enough time before I left to watch Election Day-themed cartoons and TV episodes. I ran You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown, the Tiny Toons episode "Citizen Max", and The Monkees episode "Monkee Mayor" while I had breakfast.

Ran cartoons while I washed the windows, including the Looney Tunes politics-themed short Ballot Box Bunny. This prototypical Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam match-up pits the two in a battle of wills (and exploding pianos) for the mayor race of a small Southern town. Nobody can sling muck like these two...but who eventually becomes the "mare"-or is a bit of a surprise...

After that, I pretty much spent the rest of the day at work. It was tiring. I haven't worked an eight-hour day since spring. They take a lot out of you. Thank goodness it was on-and-off busy. There were a few annoying people, but nothing on the lines of yesterday. I was in and out with no problems.

Had leftovers and watched more election-themed TV show episodes at home, this time of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Remember WENN.

No, I never got to the polls myself. Just plain ran out of time. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who didn't go to the polls. Heck, I'm not even registered to vote! Haven't been since I moved. It's all too confusing & these people only sling hash at each other instead of saying what they're actual for. I'd vote for Bugs Bunny any day. ;)