Tuesday, November 09, 2010

It's My Life

Started an absolutely gorgeous, blustery 60-degree fall day with a walk to the Oaklyn Library. Actually, I didn't really do much there. Neither the books nor the DVDs needed much organizing, and they're finally clearing out some of the older videos. I wanted to take out some of the usual Christmas and Thanksgiving books I check out of the Oaklyn Library every November, but I was only able to find a kids' book on Thanksgiving and Cranberry Thanksgiving. I also took out two Christmas craft-and-recipes books to get ideas for Christmas food gifts.

Went for a pleasant walk around the neighborhood next. The weather was just so nice, other than the chilly wind. It blew leaves off of people's carefully-created piles and whipped them around my ankles before carrying them into the street. Most people got their Halloween decorations down over the weekend, though a few houses still have ghosts and cobwebs out. Most have just left pumpkins and mums, and maybe a few Thanksgiving or fall banners.

I had leftover chicken meatloaf and spinach salad for lunch, then headed to work. Work was busy all night, with not even the annoying customers I had last night. It had slowed down enough by 6:30 that I was able to shut down and leave with no relief.

No comments: