Monday, November 15, 2010

Laundry and Pumpkin Pie

I awoke to heavy fog, apparently all over Camden County, according to the radio. Thank goodness the fog had long vanished by the time I headed over to the laundromat to get my clothes done. It was just cloudy, not even windy or all that cold, and it pretty much stayed that way all day.

The weather must have scared people off. There were a few people in the laundromat this morning, an older lady and a couple of guys who live around the corner. I didn't have any problems getting a washer or a dryer and getting out in a little over an hour.

After I got home, I put everything away and did my finances. I've been meaning to catch up on them since that mall trip a few weeks ago. After that, I had a quick lunch of peanut butter and farm-market peach butter on whole wheat baguette slices and a plum while watching Bowery Boys movies.

Work wasn't too bad. It was busy during rush hour, but otherwise dead. There were a few mildly annoying customers, including one couple who kept fussing at each other and took so long, another woman ended up helping unload their cart. Other than that, there were no major problems, and I was in and out quickly.

I kept seeing people buying pumpkin pies at work...but the one thing I'm not good at baking is pies. I decided to make a pumpkin mousse pie for dessert, since Acme generic Cool Whip and graham cracker crusts are on sale anyway. I had the pie after my dinner of chicken and golden beet soup leftovers. I think I needed to add more milk; otherwise, it was very tasty.

No comments: