Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baby, You Can Drive My Bike

Started out another beautiful 60-degree day with apple-pear-cinnamon pancakes and Brunch With the Beatles. Rubber Soul was in the spotlight today. I listened to "Yesterday," "I'm Looking Through You," "Drive My Car," and "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)," among others, as I continued to organize my new desk. I pulled all of the plastic containers with old disks of stories and back-up programs and put them on the shelf on the bottom of the desk. This freed up room on the brown Ikea shelves that I badly needed. I also re-arranged the Care Bears and other toys on the desk and shelves.

Tried calling Mom after I'd finished with the desk, but I kept getting a busy signal. I got a busy signal three times. I figured Mom's sister Terri was chatting with her and decided I'd call again after work.

Work was a bit busier than yesterday, and there were a few annoying customers, but otherwise I was in and out, and there were no major problems. I had a nice ride to and from work, too. It was a perfect day for mid-November in southern New Jersey, sunny and windless.

Finally got through to Mom when I got home. Yes, she had been talking to Aunt Terri earlier. She was fine, though tired from working all week. Michaels is going into its busy season. Aunt Terri isn't as happy. She just took a new job that she hates, but it's closer to her home in Virginia. Mom was going to make dinner for Keefe and his girlfriend Vicki while they watched the Dallas-Giants game. (Which Dallas eventually won, BTW. The Eagles play tomorrow.)

I make an Apple Crisp for dessert, then had shrimp, a baked sweet potato, and roasted Brussels sprouts for dinner. After that, I put on The Dress Circle. Their focus was on Dorothy Fields, one of the few female lyracists for years. We got to hear two of my favorites of her shows, Sweet Charity and the Shirley Booth vehicle By the Beautiful Sea, along with songs from the movie Swing Time and another Broadway show featuring Booth, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn.

No comments: