Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Happy Time

I slept in today and turned on the radio just in time for Brunch With the Beatles. Enjoyed Beatles live performances as I had Whole Wheat-Sweet Potato Pancakes and a half of a grapefruit for breakfast.

Called Mom around 11:30. Got Keefe first. Finally got to wish him a happy birthday. (It was Thursday.) He had a nice dinner with Mom and his girlfriend Vicki, and he did like the iTunes card I gave him. Mom was a bit more rushed. She had my sister Anny and her son Skylar there was handling them as well.

After I got off with Mom, I tried calling Rose to find out when we're going down to Cape May County for Thanksgiving. Got her answering machine.

I worked on editing the Bowery Boys story Lauren and I are writing for a while after the Beatles ended, then headed to work. Work was the same as yesterday - very busy. There were a couple of folks who were cranky because we didn't have really big turkeys and Butterball's delivery never showed. Otherwise, everything was fine. I got out a little late, but I had to pick up a few things I forgot on Friday anyway - butter, peanuts, whole wheat flour, aluminum foil, and oranges for the Cranberry-Orange Bread I'm going to make for Thanksgiving.

Headed home and hopped right in the shower. I grabbed leftover chicken fingers and broccoli for dinner after I got out and turned on The Dress Circle. "Being Happy For Thanksgiving" was the theme tonight - songs about happiness, being happy, and what makes a person happy? We heard songs from the Ethel Merman vehicle Happy Hunting, the 60s show Do Re Mi, the British show The Boy Friend, the classic 1971 revival of No, No, Nannette, Grand Hotel, Into the Woods, The Happy Time, Once Upon a Mattress, and the off-Broadway original cast of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, among others.

Oh, and the Eagles play the 8:20 game tonight. At press time, they're 10-3 over rivals and co-NFC-North-first-place-holders the New York Giants.

No comments: