Friday, November 26, 2010

Gray Friday

I spent most of my Black Friday in the safest possible place - a grocery store. Who wants to go grocery shopping the day after Thanksgiving? I worked from 9AM to 4:30PM, and we were dead all day. It got mildly busy around noon and again around 2-3ish, but other than that, I spent most of the morning and afternoon standing around, reading magazines with Christmas cookie recipes. Needless to say, there were no major problems, and my relief was on time.

The weather was no help. It didn't rain again, but it was cold, gloomy, and damp for pretty much the whole day.

I did go to FYE after work to find some DVD requests. I picked up presents for Lauren and Keefe. Didn't find the DVDs I wanted for Khai or Amanda - I'll keep looking. They were busy, but not so much that I was tripping over people. There was a line, but it moved fast.

Went to an early dinner at Arby's next. I just had the All American Burger meal. I wasn't really hungry enough for anything else.

Next on the list was grocery shopping. In addition to stocking up on anything I ran out of this week (pumpkin, yogurt), I'm back to buying fruit and vegetables at the Acme now that the Collingswood Farm Market has ended until early May. I also grabbed some things for Christmas - a bag of the red, green, and Candy Cane Lifesaves they have out this year, candy canes for when I put the tree up next week, and this year's cheap Advent Calender with the terrible chocolates.

Speaking of Christmas, when I got home, I took down the Thanksgiving and general fall decorations. I'm going to finish the cleaning tomorrow and start the Christmas decorating by Monday.

My schedule next week should give me plenty of time to get things done. I have three days off again (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday), with two late days and one early day. I even get off on Sunday in time for the second half of the Eagles-Bears game - thank goodness it was bumped to 4:15.

No comments: