Sunday, March 27, 2011

You Can Always Count On Me

Slept in pretty late this morning. It was 10:30 before I got going. I made Strawberry Pancakes while listening to Brunch With the Beatles. The animated film Yellow Submarine was in the spotlight today. The eclectic soundtrack includes "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," "Eleanor Rigby," "Hey Bulldog," "All Together Now," and the bouncy sing-along title number.

I worked on editing our recent Bowery Boys role-play stories for a little while after the Beatles ended. They include "Bowery"-fied versions of Rear Window and The Prisoner of Zenda, the story of how Louie and Slip left the Bowery and Duke became the group leader, and one that has all of the boys becoming superheroes after Blinky and Sach's invention accidentally douses them with radiation. Look for these stories next week!

Work was, once again, busy for most of the night. This wasn't helped by a call-out. Thankfully, Sundays are usually pretty easy. There were no major problems, and I did manage to get out and get home on-time.

I called Mom while making leftovers for dinner. Mom was on her way to making dinner for her, Dad, and Keefe, but she did chat for a few minutes. I tried calling her in the morning. but she was busy. Very busy, as it turned out. Not only was she babysitting my sister Anny's son Skylar, but she had to get all-weather tires put on her new car, instead of the summer ones they came with...and apparently, it knocked the car's tire-control system (or something like that) out of alignment.

My sister Rose called about a half-hour later, right after I finished dinner. She was also making dinner and dealing with her dog Kelsey and her almost-year-old son Khai. Khai's able to pull himself up onto things and crawl around like crazy now...and he's driving his mother nuts. She's been working at Anthony's in Haddon Heights with her boyfriend Craig again, and she sounded as hectic as she was probably feeling.

She asked me if I could get the 25th off to go down to Cape May County for Khai's first birthday (and probably hers, mine, and Easter, too). I'm going to see if I can switch my birthday off for the 25th. My birthday off would be nice...but I'd really rather spend time with people.

Hit the shower next. Got out just in time for "The Dress Circle." Tonight's theme was one of the fun broad ones they do from time to time - "You, You, You," i.e, songs with the word "You" in the title. Among the ones that made it on the show were "You Are Beautiful," You Are Love," You and the Night and the Music," "You and I Love," "You Can Have Him," "You Mustn't Be Discouraged," and a favorite of mine from City of Angels, "You Can Always Count On Me."

No comments: