Tuesday, March 01, 2011

On the Road to Recovery

Woke up with a sore throat and a bit of sniffling, but not much else...which meant that I could catch up on some chores I'd put off over the past few days. The first of these was my rent. I got that together and delivered it at Miss Ellie's door on my way out.

The second was my laundry. I got in around 10:30...which may have been a mistake. The place was packed. There was an older lady doing hers and at least four couples and one pair of what sounded like sisters. I was just barely able to get a washer and a drier.

Got home and put everything away, then had chicken soup for lunch. After that, I worked on some more editing. The three Bowery Boys stories I'm editing now are all related, so I'm going to wait until I'm done with all of them to post them. Look for them later this week or this weekend!

I had just enough time after that to take down the general winter decorations. Everything but three cardboard snowflakes were squeezed into the small container I use for winter-related items. The snowflakes showed the mark of having been up since late November; there were stains where condensation on the windows had gathered under them. They went in the recycling.

(And I must remember to get a new container for the winter items. They've finally outgrown the one they're in now.)

Headed to work right after I put the container in the back room. Work was busy again, far busier than the norm for a Tuesday. This wasn't surprising, given that today is the first day of the month. The chillier but otherwise still nice weather must have put everyone in good moods, for once.

The worst problem I had today was a toddler who kept trying to get into everything in her mother's order. She tore open the Apple Jacks box and dumped a canister of bread crumbs on the floor! For once, it was the kid's fault. The mother was doing everything she could to bag AND get the kid to behave, but the kid wasn't having any of it. She finally stuck the kid between her and the register...and she still managed to climb on the back of it!

I'm gonna have to hit the Haddon Township Library whether I'm up to it or not tomorrow. The DVDs are due, and so are some of my books.

No comments: